The mission of the Early Childhood Education Program is to facilitate families' access to quality, supportive, and Early Childhood Education preschool programs.
- To help your child develop self-esteem and respect for others.
- To encourage each child's participation in learning through the use of varied materials, activities and learning styles.
- To help each child practice good personal health, safety and nutrition habits.
- To ensure all children are provided nutritious meals.
- To develop in each child the readiness skills for life-long learning.
- To share program goals and to ensure effective two-way comprehensive communication between staff and parents. The Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) meets on a regular basis throughout the school year.
- To ensure parents have information for Health and Social Services referrals.
- To use each child's individual needs, interests and experience in planning activities for further development.
- To ensure each child's progress is documented using the Desired Results Development Profile (DRDP).
- To ensure program quality, each classroom is rated using Early Childhood Environment Rating Scale (ECERS).
- To ensure staff is informed and updated on child development regulations, requirements and policies, staff are provided opportunities to attend Professional Growth and Staff Development conferences and meetings.
- To ensure the community is involved and informed about the program, different activities are planned and articles are written in the community newspaper throughout the school year.
- To ensure the at the Early Education program is in full compliance with California Department of Education (CDE) Early Education and Support Division by using the CDE CSPP Program Self-Evaluation as a monitoring tool on an on-going and annual basis.